Food Security Initiative Nepal (FSI Nepal) is dedicated to addressing and work out on the contemporary challenging and complex global issues related to food and nutrition security. It is supposed to achieve its goal through undertaking steps and assisting those suffering from food insecurity or hunger underline the importance of strengthening women, children and marginalized groups of the society.
Globally, about 8 million people are undernourished whereas one third of food produced is wasted. Why this happening in the world is great concern of the entire nation. Therefore, the challenge that lies ahead of all stakeholders including civil society, activists and development partners is to find a solution to turn this world into a hunger free world. Our common endeavor and strong commitment can serve the purpose better.
The emergence of FSI Nepal as an non profit organization acts in tackling food insecurity in context of Nepal. FSI Nepal come up with an inspiration of food secure nation from enhanced knowledge, increased income, with emphasis on agriculture development and sustainable environment to ensuing nutritious food for all.
FSI Nepal aspires for empowerment of vulnerable and underprivileged people particularly women through education, income generation training and further women access to and control over resources and economic opportunities that instigates to realize their full economic potential necessary for increasing affordability to food. Knowledge enhancement concerning nutrition and environmental conservation ensures accessibility and utilization of healthy and right food in family with equity and equality.
Enable people to have access to nutritious food all the time.
FSI Nepal is committed to helping women, children and disadvantaged group for ensuring food security and nutrition and transforms their lives with education and income generation and transfer technological skills and knowledge necessary to achieve holistic development and to sustain their lives. The FSI Nepal aims to enable every child to have access to education, health and nutritious food. Strengthen children’s and communities’ knowledge about, and attitudes toward, agriculture, food, nutrition and the environment. Increase children’s participation in the school meals program and consumption of fruits and vegetables, thereby improving childhood nutrition, reducing hunger, and preventing unhealthy food habit and related diseases.
- Implement several projects/programs/campaigns to increase children in accessing quality education and developed school infrastructure facilities.
- Support women, children and disadvantaged groups to access in healthy and nutritious food. And advocacy for mainstreaming women, children and other vulnerable people’s right to food into national plans and policies to fight against under nutrition and food insecurity.
- Carry out programs for knowledge enhancement and to support literacy initiative of women and vulnerable groups of the communities through implementation of informal and special nutrition education programs.
- Provide sustainable strategies to agricultural sector development and emphasizing sustainable environment.
- Introduce the conservation technique and knowledge on environment conservation to support in protection of biodiversity and thereby adaptation of mitigation measure of climate change.
- Provide knowledge transfer regarding food security by organizing conferences annually, organizing lecture series for the wider public and conduct research that include publications and publication platforms.
- To support in poverty eradication of women and other disadvantaged groups of communities through economic empowerment programs like providing farm and off farm income generation activities and access to micro finance.
- To create network and linkage of local organization and enhance knowledge and skills of community people through conducting trainings, sharing experiences, exposure visit, study and providing counseling services.